Amanda at Poppies and Icecream is all up for getting to know the bloggers behind the blogs and has asked me some questions as part of a blog award thingy! I have to admit that I don't really understand it but I'm an over sharer and have nothing else to tell you about this week, because I still haven't taken the after pictures of our bedroom!! So I thought I would play along.
As a nominee you are supposed to mention the blogger who nominated you, tell 11 little things about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you, pass it on to 11 bloggers and ask them, in turn 11 questions. But instead of passing it on I'm just going to open it up to comments.
So Firstly 11 random things about me!
- I really hate mixing hot and cold things, apple pie and icecream Eurgh, Salad and Mash potato Eurgh!! It's not right!
- I recently got a big haircut without thinking it through (like 5 inches) but quite like how it has made my hair much curlier.
- I am really clumsy!
- I used to suck my thumb as a kid.
- I named my car, he is called Drake.
- I hate washing up and am really lucky that Rodney is good at looking after our flat otherwise we would live in a pigsty!
- Rodney got 12 roses delivered to my work yesterday, I couldn't decide if I was ecstatically happy or crazily embarrassed, I always hated when it happened to girls at school, but I couldn't stop grinning!
- I used to have a rabbit and goldfish but have never wanted any other pets.
- Rodney's favourite animal ever is a pug.
- I went to see Plan B last night, he wasn't what I expected.
- 100 days from today I will marry my partner in crime.
And now the questions
1. Which is your favorite book?
I'm not very good with picking favourites and really struggled when I tried to fill out the any other woman book swap form so I am going to pick a few, my favourite this year was Shantaram, the epic true story of Gregory David Robert's escape from Prison in Australia and time spent in India as a slum Doctor, mafia member and fighter.
I also really like a Time Traveller's Wife, about the relationship between the time travelling man and his wife, I don't usually like anything that doesn't feel real but there is some thing I love about this book. Finally I would have to say Birdsong which I have read loads and always end up completely engrossed.
2. What is your favorite place in the World?
I think I am going to have to say Edinburgh, I have lived here a long time now but on sunny days like today it still makes me fall in love again. We have the meadows, an extinct volcano, a Castle and some really awesome bars and restaurants I honestly love it here, if we could just sort out the weather it would be perfect.
3. What makes you happy?
Good food, good wine and time spent with the people I love. Some of my happiest times are cooking with Rodney in the kitchen, hosting a dinner party with my friends or sitting around the fire with a my Dad and a glass of wine.
4. If you could go anywhere in the World, where would that be?
As you know I LOVE to travel, so this is a pretty long list, but I think currently the top spot is South America with Brazil and the glaciers in Argentina.
5. Do you have a job / are you happy with it?
Yup, it's alright :-)
6. What is your favorite food?
Does red wine count? Not really? Then maybe a nice lamb or beef dish, don't really have a favourite! Oh but maybe I would say cheese, lots of tasty stinky cheese and some biscuits and chutney.
7. Can you maybe share a recipe? (or link to a favorite one?),
We are big Jamie Oliver fans in our house and the first thing that springs to mind is his pizza dough recipe. I love having friends round for a make your own pizza night. It's fun to make up toppings together and cheap and easy to do. So here's the link to that http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/pizza-dough
But he has some great recipes in his Great Britain book (Curry Roast Chicken, Lamb shanks, mmmm) and his 30 minute meal book (Jerk chicken, sea bass yum!)
8. What is your favorite song / band ever?
Throughout uni it was Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses, not sure if that is still at the top spot but it has a special place in my heart. I have great memories of me and my girlies throwing ourselves around the dance floor to it!
9. And your favorite cartoon as a child?
Captain Planet, he's a hero, going to take pollution, down to zero! and Go Go Power Rangers!! Both of which we would play in the school ground!
10. What about your favorite movie?
Again I don't really have one, best thing I have seen so far this year though is Django Unchained.
11. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
Camping holidays in France where we brought our bikes and ran riot around the campsite and I would then spend the first couple of hours of the drive home in tears because I was so sad to be leaving!
And my questions for you, feel free to answer one or all in the comments or if you fancy you could write a blog post too.
- What was the best holiday you have been on?
- What was the best year of your life so far?
- What are you most proud of?
- What was the best gift you have ever been given?
- What do you think is the best way to spend a Sunday morning?
- What do you think is the best way to spend a Friday night?
- What is the Scariest thing you have done in your life?
- What are you up to this weekend?
- What are you most looking forward to?
- Red or White wine?
- George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
So that's a nice way to spend a Friday afternoon, getting to know each other :-) Hope you all have a lovely weekend what ever you get up to, I am chilling out this week, might make it out to the shops but that's about it. Bliss!!